The Child Development Center of First Baptist Nashville provides full-time, weekday care for preschool children. Our program combines current early childhood education practices with foundational Christian principles. An experienced teaching staff gives attention to the mental, spiritual, physical, social and emotional need of each child.
In planning our early childhood program, it is our ultimate goal to foster optimal development and the competence to function in an ever-changing world. Our staff sees optimal development as including:
- A feeling of self-worth and self-confidence;
- The capacity to trust, respect, and invest emotionally in ourselves and others;
- Effective interpersonal and social interaction skills;
- The ability to act and think independently and to develop self-control;
- The ability to communicate ideas and feelings;
- Understanding and organization of information about the physical and social environment;
- The ability to acquire and use problem-solving skills;
- Curiosity about the world and pleasure in learning and exploring.
We believe that all aspects of children’s development — personal awareness, emotional well-being, socialization, communication, cognition, creativity and perceptual motor — are very important as we support and encourage children’s development in all areas. Parents’ support and involvement are recognized as important to each child’s development and are essential for the successful operation of the Child Development Center. A parent’s participation is always welcomed and encouraged!
Children between the ages of six weeks and four years are eligible for admission to the CDC. Parents who wish to enroll a child must make an initial visit to the CDC and meet with the Director to tour the facility and discuss policies.
A packet of forms will be given to the parent when the child has been accepted for enrollment. Some forms are for the parents’ information. Others are to be completed and returned on or before the first day of attendance.
As openings occur during the year, the places are filled from the waiting list. A written notice two weeks prior to the withdrawal of a child is required. If notice is not given, the parent will be held responsible for two weeks’ tuition.
For more information about the CDC or to schedule a tour of the facility, contact Sandra Gentry, director, at 615.664.6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.