Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Collection
Location:First Baptist Nashville 108 Seventh Ave S Nashville, TN
Shoebox Distribution Sunday: October 6
Shoebox Collection Sunday: November 10
The journey begins by filling a shoebox with toys, school supplies, and necessities, and praying for the child who will receive your gift. The journey continues as these tangible expressions of God’s love open doors for the greatest gift to be shared—the gift of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Operation Christmas Child Shoebox distribution begins Sunday, October 6. Brochures with labels will be available in the church foyer with complete directions on what to include in your box. Additionally, you may choose to visit samaritanspurse.org/occ and print out the “Follow Your Box” form in order to track your box around the world.
Collection bins will be located at the main entrances of the church. Children are invited to bring their boxes with them to the Children’s Feature during the morning worship service on Collection Sunday, November 10. We will receive boxes through Sunday, November 17.
- Toys: small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky, etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene Items: toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (bar soap must be placed in a zip-lock bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Other: wrapped hard candy and lollipops (all candy must be placed in a zip-lock bag), mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, ball caps, sweat suits, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries).
- Do Not Include: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquid soap or lotions; nail polish; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol products.